Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Very Cool International Driving Permit

The other day my dad drove me to the Ipoh JPJ to get my international driving permit done. One hour and an RM 150 fee later, I got my very own permit to drive around in just about any country you can think of! I was chattering excitedly to my grumpy father (grumpy due to the RM150 fee which was quite steep for such a permit) about the permit card that I was fully expecting to slide in next to my driving licence in my wallet. Imagine my surprise when my name was called and I was handed a booklet!

As we drove off in search of lunch I opened my booklet to read the p
rint on the inside of the cover where the countries that I was allowed to drive in is listed. I was tickled pink to read that I now have the permission, granted by the Convention on Road Traffic of 19th September,1949, to drive in almost 160 countries! Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Madagascar and my personal favourite, Mongolia! My dad was randomly naming countries that he doesn't think could possibly be on the list and each time I would laughingly tell him " Sorry, it's on the list!".

Isn't it funny that I can now drive in Mongolia? Though I guess Chang Yang is right, that camels would probably be better than cars in that particular country! So, is there any kind generous soul out there who would sponsor me a camel?

No. of people who owe me CRVs --> 3 ( You know who you are!! Buy me a CRV already! )

No. of people who owe me Rav4 --> 1 ( Cos my post on you was soooo touching Delicia Chee!)

No. of people who owe me a credit card --> 1 ( Quick! Everyday without shopping is an emergency and you said I can use the card in emergencies! Being unable to shop is a national crisis! *solemn nod* )

No. of people who owe me a camel --> 1 ( Yew Chang Yang I want my camel!)

No. of people who owe me a meal --> 1 ( Japanese Buffet!!! Cat cat you owe me!!! and one dinner at Flower Drum!!!)

On a side note, my 'Romance for Dummies' was linked on Chang Yang's blogpost!!! Wheeee!!! So honoured!!! I'm famous!! Wheee!!! I would be accepting autograph requests soon! :P


Yet another side note :

I'm collecting Top 10 Most Romantic Things from people who want to contribute, and the after compiling them I'll write a post on it. If you want me to keep your identity secret I will, just think hard, type them down in MS Word and send them to me okie? Either email or MSN is fine. Here's a chance to chip in your two-cents worth and look at what other people think! ^.^ Soooooo.....pretty pretty please send me your Top 10??? *grin*



4 comments:

changyang1230 said...

Haha weih, apparently you don't really need to get a IDP to drive in Victoria.. I have just checked this web page:

Link

So I am going to translate the license and get it certified in JPJ.

o-mii-gaa said...

WTHHHHH!!!!

crushedguava said...

i'm surprised none of you knew of this before.

i thought you guys would have researched this to no end before even thinking of applying for anything.

o-mii-gaa said...

I'm the ' WTH, just pay the stupid fee and get the permit n lets get out of here! ' type.

No research-research nonsense.