Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ode to Tendy

Dear Tendy Leong,

It's been 3 months since you've gone. How are you in tendy heaven? I bet it's good up there, with no more patient tendons to hit. Are you lying on a fluffy cloud strumming harps? Oh wait, can tendon hammers strum?

We've had some good times, you and I. Running wild on the wards, whacking every tendon we can get my grubby hands on...sometimes even doing the Babinski on some unsuspecting patient's foot when no one was watching (gently, of course). Occasionally you'd be tapping some med student's forehead to check for a 'brain reflex' - mine being absent all the time :(

Do you remember the time at the airport when I was bringing you back to Melbourne from your birthplace? When they stopped me at the gate after imaging my bags? Oh, the suffering you had at the hands of that fat lady!!! Her grubby paws using you to hit her knee while she was standing up - like duh, how's that gonna give her a knee jerk?? And mistaking you for a weapon?? Hello??!

The good times ended when that Lee Weiyong dropped you on your head and broke your neck :'(. It wasn't ever the same again without you around, Tendy. I mean, life had to go on, and eventually (like after 2 days) I got a replacement but the point is, I mourned you for 15 whole minutes! (and told everyone I met that day how Weiyong the tendon hammer killer murdered you). The new tendy (Tendy Lee) is functioning pretty well though, I actually used him today on my long case patient in exams.

Anyways I hope you're doing well, and don't worry about the broken neck and all, I mean, after a bit of sticky tape you look just as good as new! (Aside from the fact that you can't hammer people's tendons anymore, as a tendon hammer LOL). So take care up there, and don't miss me too much!

Love,

Omega

1 comments:

isaac said...

hahaa.. i guess you're referring to that hammer thingy which u use to knock patients' knees to check if their reflexes are still working?? and u give your medical equipments personalities and names? hmm.. should ure future patients be scared of you.?
p.s. tendy can't be in tendy heaven if it's alive and well sitting on your desk (albeit with a patched up neck)!