Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New York, New York - Frank Sinatra

I have recently been initiated to the joys of downloading by my vagabond brother (and then I rampas his computer in the process..bwuaahahahaha) and have been enjoying wonderful jazz oldies by playing them LOUDLY over and over again until my brother started calling me old granny for liking oldies. I've always liked listening to oldies..I think they're much better than songs that are so loud you can't hear yourself think! What's the purpose of such songs where you can't even hear the lyrics, much less understand them? Why can't I like old songs that are classics, those that would never grow out-of-date, those songs where you can actually sing along and enjoy the varied sounds produced by a real- live band rather than relying on special effects produced by the computer?

A few months ago I read an article in The Age reviewing Paris Hilton's debut album. The author was commenting on the amount of special effects in her songs being enough to rival a sci-fi movie and that it was a good thing since it helps filter out the sound of her voice. I laughed till my sides split.

SOoooo I will proudly announce to all and sundry : I LIKE the OLDIES! And this doesn't mean I only like oldies..actually I like all sorts of music except for Techno and Heavy Metal and those religious mantra-like types. Those are good for imsomniacs!


New York, New York

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it - New York, New York
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - New York, New York

I wanna wake up in a city, that doesn't sleep
And find I'm king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it - in old New York
If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you - New York, New York

New York, New York
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find I'm A number one -top of the list, king of the hill
A number one

These little town blues, are melting away
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it - in old New York
And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere

It's up to you - New York New York

New York

0 comments: