Sunday, March 04, 2007

Counting My Blessings

As I haven't been very happy lately, I thought a post on all the things that are good in my life would be just the thing to pull me out of my doldrums. The thing is, I have a VERY POOR memory and I'd get depressed with little little things all the same. The best way to keep me happy is still to feed me and bring me shopping on your expense *Huge Evil Grin* Sooooo.....Shopping, anyone????

I'm blessed with:

1) A wonderful and loving God
I will try to remember that You allow suffering to make me a better person!

2) Doting parents
Who sometimes don't really miss me at all, and other times spam my phone with 10 misscalls in as many minutes and demanding why in the world didn't I report back home every half an hour.

3) Caring friends
Who cheered me up when I was sad, bullied me when I was happy, fed me when I was hungry, ate my chocolates when I was in the bathroom, cooked for me, called all the way from Malaysia to my handphone just to surprise me, baked me birthday cakes, allowed me to irritate and annoy them with my incessant chatter and mad giggles, surprised me with McD's apple pie, carried my heavy baggage for me, gossipped with me, listened to me when I wanted to air my sorrows, brought me out to see the world, encouraged me to reach higher, point out my mistakes, offered to help clean my house, bought me presents when they went on vacation, sabo-ed me on my birthday, wrote nice cards and letters, sang karaoke with me, remembered to bring me along when they went out, supported me through thin and thinner (I was never thick, no matter how hard I ate -_- ) .....

* gawsh..so many things! A big and warm and heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you!! *

4) Permanent residency in 406/410 La Trobe St

-_- " Apparently I'm the pet in the Fey (Fat in canto) family at 406/410 La Trobe St. We have Fey Mao (Bing), Fei Chai ( Jia Kai), Fei Chu ( Ah Ma) and Fei Mui ( Ade-lyn/loong : inside joke :) . You'd never guess my name... Hahaha..Given up? It's FeyFey!! ( What sarcasm -_-")

5) A house to stay in

No longer a squatter! All the best to those still searching for accommodation!

6) A nice room

I just vaccuumed it...I just vaccuumed it...OM goodness...I can't believe I actually cleaned my room voluntarily without :
a) Mom threatening to call in DBI
b) Friends cringing in horror at the state of my room
c) Cockroaches and spiders applying for permanent residency in the country of Om's room
hahaha naaahhhh...just exaggerating as usual....

7) A reasonably clean bathroom

Before Om set to work on it : Equivalent of a Malaysian public toilet
After Om sweated on it for 2 hours : Cleaner and much much better

I now dare to enter my bathroom...Achievement of the year award!!!! *applause*

8) Internet access that does not reset every half an hour!!!

*nyek nyek*

Now that I've established that I am truly a very blessed girl/hamster/pet/son, the only thing left to do is to remember it and be happy and thankful no matter what situation I find myself in. God is indeed good all the time :)

P/s: I still wanna go shopping on other people's expense....
P/ss: Will upload pics of my room once I've gotten it on my comp!

3 comments:

changyang1230 said...

You are so blessed, why still depressed wor? Hope you stay happy always.

o-mii-gaa said...

Thank you Changi!!!

You made my DAY!

*Big grin*

Anonymous said...

to keep up with my reputation of being Money-Minded, $.$!! i have decided that you shall post me a BANKDRAFT with urm.. let me see.. well we'll start of with a small amount... five thousand aussie dollars..at my dOORstep/letter box tomorrow morning @ 10am (see i give u extra time to go to de bank to buy a bank draft)

=desert weather-like=